Week Three of our Tributes challenge starts now!
March Challenge Sponsor: Buddy
Week Three Prompt: Literary Luminaries
This week, we celebrate the people who can work a different kind of magic with a pen! Let’s pay tribute to our favorite folks in the world of literature.
Create a Pen that pays tribute to your favorite author, book illustrator, or playwright.
How to Participate
Create a Pen and tag it
codepenchallenge and the weekly tag
cpc-lit-hero. We’ll gather those Pens into a collection and share our favorites on Twitter and Instagram (Use the #CodePenChallenge tag on Twitter and Instagram as well).
- Children’s books are full of magical images and brilliant turns of phrase. Create a Pen that showcases your favorite book from when you were little — or your favorite book to read to the little ones in your life!
- Book cover art is constantly evolving, and over time the very best books get many different covers. Could you recreate your favorite cover of your favorite book? Or maybe create a new one?
- Some great writing is meant to be performed. Highlight your favorite playwright’s work with a fitting Pen tribute.
- Check out the The Art of Dr. Seuss Collection or the Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art for beautiful works of art in children’s literature.
- Browse the Book Cover Archive or Typeroom’s highlights from the Penguin Essentials Collection for cover inspiration.
- Planning to put on a play in a Pen? Browse through MIT’s catalog of The Complete Works of William Shakespeare, or dig into some modern classics in Onstage Blog’s Top 25 Plays of the 21st Century…So Far.