This year FinovateEurope attracted 1400+ senior financial and banking executives, venture capitalists, press, industry analysts, bloggers, regulators, and entrepreneurs from across the UK and EU. 1400+ attendees. 70+ companies demoing. 120+ expert speakers. These are the FinovateEurope’s core figures.
Finovate’s demoing companies came from a wide variety of fintech sub-sections. Here’s a few of the topics that were covered within the conference:
- Investing/wealth management
- User experience
- Core banking
- Big data
On a final note FinovateEurope Best of Show winners were announced. If there is one theme that unites all of the winners this year, that theme may be summed up in one word: data.
As Finovate senior research analyst Julie Muhn pointed out during a recent conversation, the ability to leverage data to create more meaningful, more personalized, more secure experiences for consumers of financial services underlies much of the innovation that we see not just on the Finovate stage, but across fintech writ large, as well.
“In this way, financial technology is turning the old adage – it’s not what you know, it’s who you know – on its head. The connections between us and the things we do, the places we go, the transactions we make, are in many ways the Holy Grail for companies that are constantly seeking out better ways to serve us. And for those companies that do win our trust and gain access to what we know and do, the rewards could not be greater.”
With this in mind, FinovateEurope 2018 presented a small sample of those companies that may be best positioned to take advantage of this Golden Age of Data: the Best of Show winners of FinovateEurope 2018.
Be-IQ for its holistic and gamified approach to risk profiling and financial well-being that accounts for the very contradictions that make us human: our behaviors.
CREALOGIX for its customer banking platform, Gravity, which is breaking new ground with its intuitive and user-friendly, self-service insights application.
iProov for its liveness-protected, facial biometric authentication technology which is fully-automated for fast, easy and ultra-secure mobile and PC on-boarding.
Meniga for its digital banking solution that helps banks around the world use data to personalize digital channels and drive customer engagement.
W.UP for its digital banking sales and engagement solution that uses pre-built customer insights to build relevant, personalized, and timely interactions with clients.
Notes on methodology:
1. Only audience members NOT associated with demoing companies were eligible to vote. Finovate employees did not vote.
2. Attendees were encouraged to note their favorites during each day. At the end of the last demo, they chose their three favorites.
3. The exact written instructions given to attendees: “Please rate (the companies) on the basis of demo quality and potential impact of the innovation demoed.”
4. The seven companies appearing on the highest percentage of submitted ballots were named “Best of Show.”
5. Go here for a list of previous Best of Show winners through 2014. Best of Show winners from our 2015 through 2018 conferences are below: