In today’s world, it seems that the introduction of taxi hailing apps has improved the lives of millions of people worldwide, making it more convenient to book a taxi using their smartphone. Many ride-sharing apps like Uber, Gett, Grab and Curb have already changed the game.
Similar to Uber app, Lyft is a San Francisco based ride-sharing app, allowing people to book taxi using their smartphone. As it covers 300+ U.S cities, including New York & Los Angeles, the company has also made its impact in this new era of technology.
Undoubtedly, Lyft app has already made its mark in the top cities of the U.S, and now the company has begun its self-driving car pilot with self-driving car company nuTonomy in Boston as it looks to ramp up its self-driving efforts. The company is now matching its riders with self driving vehicles in parts of Boston.
Some of the passengers in Boston were able to hail a self driving car from Wednesday through their Lyft rideshare app as part of a highly anticipated trial of autonomous vehicles in the city.
Wow! This is something innovative. Isn’t it?
Moreover, the widely famous taxi booking app – Lyft has done a trial in one of the oldest cities, Boston, so this is not only breaking the monotonous & old method, but it is setting new standards for their rivals.
As you’ve already aware of the news that Lyft was planning its self-driving car pilot along with nuTonomy (a software company that builds self-driving cars). Both Lyft & nuTonomy has become the partner. However, the main purpose of the partnership is to provide people with the feature like self-driving cars and takes transportation experience to the next level, which is safe, comfortable, and efficient of course.
However, if you are also in the taxi business, still you don’t have a ride-sharing app for your customers, you are losing a lot of opportunities in the market. You can have your own taxi booking apps like Uber and Lyft and get enormous benefits.
But before developing a taxi-booking app, you need to consider the important things in mind that can help to develop a successful app for your taxi business. Here, we’ve compiled some of the things that you can check out and consider before diving into app development.
Without right resources & technologies, developing a taxi booking app can be a quite daunting task. However, with the right consultation from a mobile app development company, it would be easier to go with the idea of ride sharing app like Lyft and Uber clone apps. It is pivotal that an app is enhanced with the latest technologies and rich in features, no matter what platform (Android or iOS) you’re considering.
1. Get to Know About Your Rivals
Before developing an app like Uber, it is essential to know where your app will stand in the marketplace. Simultaneously, consider that area where exactly you want to launch it. For instance, if you are planning to launch a taxi service in a small town, know your competitors in that town, who have already developed a taxi app.
You can check their application and know what sort of services in terms of features they are offering to their end-users. Knowing your competitors can help you a lot to make your app apart from their apps.
2. The Fusion of Original and Distinctive Elements of the App
As you already know with the fact that there are enormous taxi booking apps like Grab, Uber and Lyft, you need to be distinctive from those apps. You need to know the needs of your targeted audience and sketch the ride sharing app before developing it.
Moreover, the main question arises here, why people should opt for your app? It should have a unique design, an array of features or an organized menu as these things can make the difference. All we need to say that the app should embrace the fusion of original & distinctive elements.
3. Subsuming the Features
Before you start creating an Uber-like app, you need to finalize the features that you want to include in your application. According to your target audience’ requirements, you can make a list of features that can make booking taxi a lot easier. Here are some of the must-have features to include in your taxi app:
- Payment Integration: The taxi booking app must have a payment integration feature method in order to make payments easy and reliable directly from the app. This feature is specifically useful for letting users make electronic payments for their rides. As payments directly from mobile apps are extremely popular, so you must consider this high-end feature. The one thing about payment integration that you need to consider is that it must be secure & easy for users. In a nutshell, the ride-sharing app must take utmost care of it.
- GPS & Google Maps: When it comes to taxi app services, geolocation is mandatory. Both GPS & Google Maps go side by side. By using both at the same time, you can help your app users to choose the shortest possible route without wasting a huge time. Moreover, it also gives a real-time traffic information to them.
- Push Notifications: This feature is very useful as it notifies your users about welcome notes, data about the payment methods, about the trip end and other details. There are many people, who would like to get notified of the app as they can also know various offers, deals, and discount offers if you are offering it to your customers. As it makes users be more connected to your the app.
4. Car Stalking
Last but certainly not the least, car stalking is another must-have feature in a ride-sharing app, in case, if you are planning to develop an Uber-like taxi booking app. Also, this is useful for safety reasons in terms of you as a user have GPS connectivity, where you can check your location as well.
Needless to say, an ideal taxi booking app can’t afford to miss all these features that are must-have to give users a user-friendly experience while booking a taxi.
So, these are some of the important things that you need to consider before diving into a taxi booking app development process. As all your efforts could be in vain if the user uninstalls your application due to any inconvenience.
So, what type of ride-hailing mobile application are you planning to develop? Do you have an idea about it? Share your ride-sharing app idea with us by filling a below-given form and our mobile app developers will get back to you to transform your idea into reality.
LET’S TALK VALIDATE YOUR IDEA!