Instantly connect with the people in your life. Messenger is free, fast, and secure.
– Reach anyone. You can use names or phone numbers to find friends.
– Use everywhere. Messenger works across all mobile and desktop devices. You can even connect with people internationally!
– Connect however you want. Send a text message, share a photo, or start a video chat — all in Messenger.
– Communicate better with groups. Catch up in real time with high quality group video chat or customize your messaging experience with colors, nicknames, and group photos.
– Call and video chat your friends 1:1 or in groups. It’s free over Wi-Fi (otherwise standard data charges apply), so talk as long as you want, even with people in other countries.
– Express yourself. Send emojis, stickers, and GIFs to conversations or add new masks and effects to your video chats.
– Capture photos and videos with fun art and effects. You can save these to camera roll, send to conversations, or post to your Day, a place where people can see what you’re up to.
– Play games and compete with your friends. You can compare scores and see how you rank against other people.
– Chat with businesses. You can make reservations, check on orders, and get real-time customer service.
Make it go back
This new update isn’t just not as aesthetically nice as the previous one, it’s not functionally as good. For one, going back through pictures takes a century whereas it used to be a lot faster. Secondly, the transition between functionalities such as adding a picture and typing is not as smooth as it used to be. You used to be able to just tap on the text box to start typing after sending a picture, now you have to manually switch back, which is annoying as hell. Also, for bigger devices such as iPads, you used to be able to expand the current conversation, and you still can, but the functionality of that feature as been hurt. The text box used to go all the way across the screen so you could see more of what you were typing at once, but it now doesn’t do that anymore. The only update the old version needed in terms of that menu was making the process of adding a gif smoother, none of the rest of this was necessary. I also don’t appreciate the unsolicited notification I got about syncing my contacts. Thanks, but I hate this update.
Great but definitely could be better!
Obsessed w/ makeup
Compared to previous versions of the app this is by far the best one but personally I think it would definitely be much better if a few things were changed on it. Even just the smallest changes could make it way better. Simplicity is key always. With this being said I think by making the main messenger screen less complex and having it to where you can go in the app and out quicker could have a great affect on everything including the ratings. Meaning having the Messenger App uncomplicated and more straight forward I know I would personally be happier with it and use it daily and as well as a good amount of individuals I know. For example if someone could get on message a friend & respond right back; almost compared to AIM or slightly like iMessage. It would change the game completely and have a higher rating guaranteed. Only asking to take it into consideration. 🙂
Normally I adore this app
However, it’s super irritating with this current version, that I can’t play messenger games with people without it looking like I have an unread message from each individual because either them or I have made a move in the game. App badges would be enough for me, within the application. Separate the games notifications from the messenge notifications please! Badges on the game tab and that’s it would be super nice. If I want to play games I’ll go over there. But I’m actually losing messages in all these integrated game notifications…
Also still having an issue with messenger not allowing me to continue typing a message when the phone is rotated. The whole app freezes and I am forced to close or send a half typed message. Many times this happens and it was not intentional at all. A fix would be fantastic. Currently functioning off iOS 11.2.1 on the 7plus.