BOSTON, December 3, 2018 – The Object Management Group® (OMG®) and the Industrial Internet Consortium® (IIC™) will present the AI & Real-time IoT track at the AI World Conference & Expo 2018. Held in Boston from December 3 – 5, the conference will host more than 3,000 business executives and managers and will shed light on the latest industry innovations and technology.
The track features 13 OMG/IIC members as panelists and/or moderators, who will discuss state-of-the-practice and state-of-technology projects that sit between the intersection of AI and real-time IoT. OMG is an international, open membership, not-for-profit technology standards consortium. The IIC is the world’s leading organization transforming business and society by accelerating the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT).
“Smart buildings, energy markets and factories are all examples where AI is required in the deployment and operation of IoT applications,” said Dr. Richard Soley, Chairman & CEO, OMG and Executive Director, IIC. “Our members are delighted to participate in AI World to share the practical insights they’ve learned through testing and implementing AI solutions with IIC testbeds. Testbeds also help to generate requirements for new standards for many industries including AI.”
The State of AI and IoT – Overview of the industry.
- Dr. Said Tabet – Lead Technologist for IoT Strategy and OMG Board Member, Dell EMC
Deep Learning for Smart Facilities – The panel of experts discusses how to approach a facility-based deployment.
- Les Yeamans, Founder & Executive Editor, RT Insights
- Brad Klenz, Principal Systems Architect, SAS
- Calvin Smith, Director & Head of IoT Partner Engineering, Wipro
- Ken Hatano, System & Service Technology Dept., Software & AI Technology Center, Toshiba Digital Solutions Corporation
Provisioning Enterprise Connected Things with Trust and Intelligent Automation – The panel explores the need to distribute data securely and wirelessly within an enterprise IoT deployment.
- Wael William Diab, Senior Director at Huawei
- Robert Martin, Senior Principal Engineer, MITRE
- Michael Thomas, Systems Architect, SAS
- Nisarg Desai, Director of Product Management, GlobalSign
Transforming the Manufacturing Industry – Priority areas to apply AI and analytics include production quality, cost and efficiency problems in the manufacturing environment.
- Ed Burns, Editor, TechTarget
- Shi-Wan Lin, CEO & Co-Founder, Thingswise
- Edy Liongosari, Chief Research Scientist, Accenture
Fireside Chat: AI as Strategic Enabler for the Automotive Sector
- Dr. Richard Soley, Chairman & CEO, OMG and Executive Director, IIC
- John Roese, CTO, Dell Technologies
- James Kuffner, CEO, Toyota Research Institute Advanced Development (TRI-AD)
The third annual AI World Conference & Expo, produced by Cambridge Innovation Institute, provides an avenue for attendees to discern and prioritize a broad range of AI technologies. The event provides a unique opportunity for business executives, data scientists and senior AI developers to learn about innovative AI implementations and how to accomplish this in their enterprise.
For companies and individuals interested in attending this year’s AI World Conference and Expo, registration details can be found here: AI World. Those who register before November 16th will be eligible to receive the discount pricing.
About AI World Conference & Expo
AI World Conference and Expo, produced by Cambridge Innovation Institute, is focused on the business and technology of artificial intelligence in the enterprise. AI World has become the “must attend” event for enterprise executives, decision makers from Global 2000 organizations, and business leaders from across the entire artificial intelligence and machine learning ecosystem. The 3-day conference and expo is designed for business and technology executives who want to learn about the state-of-the-practice of AI in the enterprise.
For a listing of all OMG trademarks, visit https://www.omg.org/legal/tm_list.htm. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Cambridge Innovation Institute