Hi everybody, we are happy and proud to announce the 3rd Annual Hack for the Sea being held Sept 22-23 at the American Legion in Gloucester, MA
If you don’t know, a “hackathon” is an attempt to ideate and make progress toward solutions to shared challenges. Hack for the Sea is slightly different than many other hackathons in that:
- It focuses on marine science exclusively
- All submissions must be released as open source
- It is meant to be a healthy, inclusive, and outcome-driven event.
This year’s challenges come from our beneficiary organizations: the Consortium of Universities for the Advancement of Hydrologic Science, Inc. (CUAHSI), the Gloucester Marine Genomics Institute (GMGI), The Massachusetts Division of Fisheries and Wildlife, Ocean Alliance, and the MassBays National Estuary Program.
- How does a changing coastal watershed impact coastal waters?
- Where and when will Cod spawning occur?
- Can a whale be identified based on their blowholes?
- Can a mooring be designed that is not only eelgrass-friendly, but also user-friendly?
Ask me anything!
Early-bird Tickets are available here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/hack-for-the-sea-2018-tickets-45603855359