I’ve been using Gorillapods since a couple of years and been disappointed once: I bought the Gorillapod Hybrid for my DSLR, but that didn’t work, since it couldn’t carry the weight of the camera. I then switched to the SLR-Zoom and am still very happy with it. However, if you want to use a bigger lens or a bigger camera with large battery, external monitor or microphone, you’ll need the big guns. That’s where the 3K Kit comes in.
- The 3K Kit has a ballhead, which you can take off, but it’s a must have on a Gorillapod
- The basics of the Gorillapod: it’s very sturdy
- The versatility makes this Gorillapod so special
- Black and red colour
- There’s a level indicator
- A Gorillapod is pricey, but a good investment
- You’ll need a coin to tighten the clip on the DSLR
If you don’t own a Gorillapod in you accessories collection yet, go out and buy one. This tripod is usable in every situation. You can strap it around a tree, put it in the sand or use it as a vlogging rig. It’s pricey, but well worth the investment! You can find the 3K kit here.