This post contains information for those startup companies, who want to develop e-scooter apps like LimeBike, Bird or Spin. Herein we’ve gathered top three strategies that are behind the exponential growth of LimeBike. Let’s check out what’s inside?
From the past few years, the overwhelming success of a number of ride-sharing companies like Uber, Lyft, and DiDi Chuxing has generated an interest in the “sharing economy”. There are many other startups like Bird and Spin who are performing exceptionally to ease the commute. Here, we would like to introduce one of the popular dockless bike-sharing companies, Lime, which is now formally known as LimeBike.
The LimeBike company is based in San Mateo, California. It operates the dockless bicycle-sharing system in several cities and college campuses across the United States by providing a mobile app for reservations.
Before jumping into the main section of our post, we’ll give you a quick overview of how e-scooter company, LimeBike, has been doing so far. Let’s have a look!
Image Source: LimeBike
A promising new growth area, which has emerged from ongoing trend is electric scooter or e-scooter. LimeBike is a key player in the nascent industry that allows people to locate and rent the electric scooters nearby via a mobile app.
LimeBike aims to revolutionize mobility in cities and campuses by empowering residents with cleaner, more efficient, and affordable transportation options, which improve urban sustainability.
- A San Meteo-based dockless bike and e-scooter company, LimeBike, launched back in 2017. Now, it has expanded to many other US cities, including San Francisco, San Diego, Washington DC, Austin, and Texas.
- As per the report from TechCrunch, “LimeBike, the transportation company, has partnered with Segway to launch its next-generation electric scooters in May 2018”.
- According to the report from TechCrunch, “Lime is reportedly trying to squeeze up to $500 million out of VCs”. So, in the below-given graph, you can check the Lime’s potential round, which is highest compared to its rivals Bird and Spin.
- LimeBike has already hit over 3 million rides across the fleets of bikes and scooters.
- The below-given graph reflects the Usage and Google Play rank of LimeBike that is going upward.
Moving ahead, and let us have a look at the top three strategies, which are behind LimeBike, a popular e-scooter company.
Top 3 Strategies of LimeBike, E-scooter App That Paced Up Its Growth
1. Provide More Convenient Transportation Choice Along With Safety
One of the strategies behind the success of LimeBike is to provide the highest rate of convenience and safety in transportation. However, there are various US cities like San Diego, San Francisco, and Washington D.C., which are flooded with the e-scooters, but LimeBike has become one of the fastest-growing e-scooter startups.
When it comes to convenience, there is no option that can beat the convenience provided by the e-scooter apps. And, the convenience comes with a slew of features like nearby bike option and easy-to-operate. After each ride, the fare will be automatically charged online. It means riders can enjoy the cashless ride. In this way, convenience is one of the dominant factors behind the success of e-scooter companies.
Therefore, if you are planning to create e-scooter apps like LimeBike or Bird, then providing “convenience” to riders to book e-scooter can surely help your startup to stand-out.
2. Offer an Alternative & Inexpensive Option to Commute
E-scooters are meant to be a ride on the sidewalks. The company, LimeBike, employs independent contracts so that their services must be readily available in more locations. The seamless process of hiring the e-scooters has lessened complications and cut the expensive options to commute. Herein, we’ve rounded up a few takeaways that you can consider under this strategy:
- Every business or startup company needs to solve a problem of consumers whether it is about to lessen hassles in transportation or simply cut out the expenses of commute, which is generally one of the major concerns in people’s lives.
- Also, all you just need to provide the quality of services, which can be a great alternative in the ride-sharing app.
- It is also important to listen to your targeted audience and try to find solutions for the same.
- If we would take an example of the ride-sharing giant, Uber, then the company has changed the balance by providing rides at a cheaper rate with a high level of services.
- When it comes to e-scooter apps, you can also add an option of accountability by allowing app users to share their ride experience after using each ride. It helps you to improve your service as a service provider.
- In a similar way, an app like Uber or an e-scooter app like LimeBike, both have successfully resolved the perennial public transportation problems of large cities and increasing the mobility of people to get around easily. And, believing that e-scooter is one of the best and cheap alternatives to commuting for all age groups.
Furthermore, what value your startup company can offer to your audience that your rivals can’t offer? It is important to answer such questions if you want to build the successful e-scooter apps like LimeBike, Bird, and Spin.
3. Solutions for Urban Mobility With Technology
Undeniably, there is the highest rate of traffic congestion, plus harmful CO2 emission in the largest cities like San Francisco, San Diego, Berlin and Washington D.C. Therefore, the emergence of e-scooters are the solutions to ease commute to work as youngsters need to go to their dance classes, or students who need to go swimming in the local lake. In the simplest way, we can say that the mode of transportation e-scooters has conquered the urban traffic.
First of all, you need to identify the urban traffic problems to conquer urban traffic. In short, urban traffic is shorthand for stress, frustration, and time not spent actually living. To face increasing congestion in major cities, urban mobility is in demand of transformation.
The challenge is not just to find something that is eco-friendly and easy-to-use but also adaptable to consumers’ needs and can be shared between app users. All these challenges can be addressed in several ways.
When the urban mobility meets technology, then it must be conquered urban traffic. The development of the mobile app is the best possible strategy that e-scooter companies like LimeBike and Bird have used. As people love to use their smartphones, in fact, people’s daily schedules involve heavy usage of smartphones with key transactions conducted over the mobile devices. By just tapping into the app, users can book electric scooters nearby. The ride-sharing giants have already aware of the fact that they have a guaranteed market in the smartphone users, and these companies realized that they need their service.
Technology has been known to be able to break down the past barriers in transportation. Also, technology makes easier for both ride-sharing companies and app users to book a ride with a few taps.
Being a startup, you need to think to add more valuable features, which can make your business more attractive to your app users. Some features like schedule the ride that helps riders to book rider in advance if they are in hurry.
To Sum Up,
We can say that if your startup company is providing solutions locally, then your business idea can work globally. The key is to implement highly-effective strategies in terms of providing solutions, which can actually work for your business and targeted audience’s needs.
So, being a startup, if you have ever thought about developing mobile app under the categories like ride-sharing or e-scooter app development, then you can cross-verify your app idea with us as we are a leading mobile app development company, and already developed over 50 Uber clone apps.
In case, if you still have any query or confusion related to e-scooter app development, you can get in touch with us through the below-given form. Our sales representative will right back to you within 48hrs.
LET’S TALK VALIDATE YOUR IDEA!