August 24, 2018
This blog is for e-commerce startups & entrepreneurs, who want to develop groceries and household shopping app. Herein rounded up three tactics by Boxed Wholesale app, which you can consider during e-commerce shopping app development.
The innovation is continually shaping the future of retail. Thanks to the advancement of technology. Shopping Apps have completely changed the way people are doing shopping. However, over the past few years, it is cleared that the growth of technology has paced by the emergence of drone delivery, AI (artificial intelligence) chatbots and mobile shopping that are set to disrupt the retail sector.
Before jumping to the main section, let us quickly go through with the few stats and facts of the retail industry.
Few Stats & Facts of Retail Industry
- Coming to the growth of the U.S. retail industry, here is the latest statistics. “The U.S. market for retailing reached around 3.1 trillion U.S. dollars, with an increased expected near future”, according to the current report from Statista.
- The online platform is an important player in the global retail landscape and it will continue to grow in the future. Well, it is important that where consumers are shopping and for which categories. Being a startup, if you are planning to develop an e-commerce app, then it will give more precise insights into this niche. In the image, you can check the popular categories are food and beverage, household products, and personal care.
If we are talking about the retail industry, then there is a commerce company, Boxed Wholesale, which has created a buzz in the retail industry. Boxed Wholesale is a commerce company, which is focused on delivering the big box club experience.
According to the report from Global Newswire, “The grocery and household products shopping app has raised $111 million in Series D round of funding, led by Aeon Co. Ltd. (Japan’s largest retailer by sales, plus one of the nation’s largest grocers.”
Boxed Wholesale App
Founded in 2013, the U.S. based Boxed Wholesale app allows its users direct-to-their-door access to all of their favorite warehouse club products, without any membership fees. It also provides heavy lifting and delivering a wide array of wholesale items directly to doorsteps across the United States in 2 days or less.
- Total funding amount is $243.6M
- The wholesale shopping and delivery app, Boxed, offers items like household staples, health and beauty supplies, office pantry and grocery items and a wide variety of organic and green products.
- Currently, Boxed is available in 48 states of the United States.
- Since its launch, Boxed has slowly climbed to the App Store graphs. According to the report from App Annie, in the year 2014, Boxed had been in the top 100 U.S. Lifestyle Apps.
- Moreover, Boxed also rejected the $400 million buyout offer from Kroger, the popular online grocery delivery app.
- Furthermore, Boxed has also become a Costco (the popular wholesale shopping company) competitor.
- As a technology company, Boxed has created its own fleet of autonomously guided vehicles in its fulfillment centers.
3 Tactics by Boxed Wholesale App That Startups Need to Consider While Creating Shopping Apps like Boxed
1. Free Membership, Free Shipping & Free Samples
Boxed is recognized as one of the highest e-commerce companies that have come up with strong tactics that actually work. The e-commerce shopping app, Boxed, is constantly evolving. It does not only offer a number of perks to its consumers but also focuses on its core consumers by offering solutions, which were missing out.
Talking about the first tactic about Boxed Wholesale, which is all about free offerings to attract more consumers and increase brand awareness. Undoubtedly, people often like free shipping programs, and it is also one of the powerful strategies to attract more consumers to your business in terms of e-commerce shopping app.
Being an e-commerce shopping startup, you can consider this tactic. You can offer free membership, free shipping, and free samples to your customers. By doing so, you can gain trust, and it can give your business a greater chance of turning up online. So, if you are planning to create a shopping app like Amazon or Boxed Wholesale, then you can consider this tactic to flourish your e-commerce business.
2. Provide a Slew of Facilities for On-demand Shopping
The fastest growing U.S. online retail startup, Boxed Wholesale, has come up with a slew of facilities for on-demand shopping. Boxed Wholesale app is meant to make bulk wholesale shopping easier. Without any membership fees, e-commerce shopping app like Boxed provides delivery as soon as possible. Well, the takeaway for you as a startup or entrepreneur is you just need to think out of the box when it comes to launching a successful shopping app like Boxed Wholesale. Here is the slew of facilities that are provided by Boxed Wholesale app.
- Allows users to shop in bulk at wholesale price
- Fresh products on-demand
- Free samples with every order
- A curated list of tried-and-tested products
- Fast and free delivery
- No membership fees
- Enables Users to schedule their deliveries
One of the important strategy by Boxed Wholesale, which you can consider is that they deliver fresh products on demand. As it works like frozen foods, it provides a delivery feature, which allows app users to schedule the convenient delivery time as per their preferences.
So, being a grocery delivery startup, if you are planning to develop Android app like Boxed Wholesale, then this tactic is worth to consider.
3. Shop for Offices: Solutions for Corporate Users
The popular e-commerce shopping app, Boxed, provides solutions for homes and offices. For corporate users, the company has come up with the solutions for corporate offices. The company delivers snacks to offices. Well, this is one of the important tactics by Boxed, which makes it popular and stands out from their rivals. As the company provides free delivery of products other than groceries in bulk, this is something, which makes app users purchase more.
Image Source: Boxed
This tactic is corporate user-centric, who can make most out of this app feature named ‘Boxed for business’ in groceries and household shopping app. In addition, being an e-commerce startup, you can also consider such tactic for corporate users to deliver same day delivery. You can also provide bulk and free shopping to your valuable customers or users and give them opportunities to visit your app again and again.
On a Concluding Note
You have just gone through top tactics of popular groceries and household shopping app, Boxed Wholesale, which has come up with the solutions that meet the requirements of its consumers. Implementing such tactics can help you as a startup to create a successful groceries and household shopping app like Boxed. However, the aforementioned tactics, which are curated by us, will help you to understand the niche of grocery and household products better.
So, if you are planning to create an app like Boxed, which allow bulk shopping, then you can discuss your app idea with us as we are a leading mobile app development company and have already developed over 3500 mobile applications with diverse features and functionalities like cross-platform ability, multi-lingual support, payment gateway integration, order management, order tracking, image gallery, and real-time tracking of delivery man.
In case, if you still have any query or confusion regarding e-commerce app development cost of Amazon like apps, then you can get in touch with us through our contact us form. One of our sales representatives will revert to you within 48 hours.
Have an App Idea?
Get your free consultation now